Translate

Sunday 3 July 2016

The Second Letter of St. Paul to Timothy Chapter 1

 

 

The Second Letter of 

St. Paul to Timothy

Chapter 1






1. Paul an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, for the sake of the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus, 2. To Timothy my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.




(The Second Letter of St. Paul to Timothy Chapter 1 verses 1 to 2)




Oh, how nice it is of Paul to bless Timothy. If we all could bless each other in Your Name oh God instead of gossiping on, each other. I thank You oh God my Father for blessing us again and again. May we bless Your Name forever Amen.



Let us join together in praise and worship and bless the Name of God Amen!



Blessed be the Name of the Lord



3. I am grateful to God-whom I worship with a clear conscience, as my ancestors did-when I remember you constantly in my prayers night and day.




(The Second letter of St.Paul to Timothy Chapter 1 verse 3) 




Oh God my Father I also pray on Your Good News with a clear conscience, there are times when I feel empowered by the verse that I am praying on, however there are other moments when the verse cuts to the bone and makes me aware of areas in my life where I am still weak and prone to sin. Oh God, I thank You for the Bible for it is my eye opener and helps me to get back on track every time I wander off and satisfy my will instead of Yours Amen. 




4. Recalling your tears, I long to see you so that I may be filled with joy.


(The Second letter of St.Paul to Timothy Chapter 1 verse 4)




Oh God my Father, even though we meet every day in prayer, I also long to meet You in heaven one day. Life is meaningless without You. It is only You that brings joy and a strong feeling of well-being Amen. You wipe my tears and encourage me to go on Amen.




5. I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that lived first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, lives in you.



(The Second Letter of St.Paul to Timothy Chapter 1 verse 5)



Oh God my Father, even though I did not inherit many skills from my human family, however, I thank You for my parents, who in their own simple ways gave me the greatest gift of all that is the seed of faith, that they had received from You. Moreover, I thank You for nourishing that faith so much that You have empowered me to share these messages with others Amen.




6. For this reason, I remind you to rekindle the gift of God that is within you through the laying on of my hands; 7. for God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and love and of self-discipline.




(The Second letter of St. Paul to Timothy Chapter 1 verses 6 to 7)


Oh God, my Father every time I go to mass and receive You in the sacrament of the Holy Eucharist and receive the message of the 'Good News'  and even moments of prayer such as the present, my faith receives a huge boost which gives me the power and motivation to move on Amen.




8. Do not be ashamed, then, of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel relying on the power of God, 9. who saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works but according to his own purpose and grace. This grace was given to us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, 10. but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.




(The Second letter of St, Paul to Timothy Chapter 1 verses 8 to 10)




Oh God my Father You have given value and meaning to pain and suffering and tribulations especially when working in the field of God, that of proclaiming the message of the Good News, for along with the persecution comes Your grace oh God and Father, therefore let us who preach, proclaim verbally or non-verbally as I am doing unite in prayer and support for each other, so that we continue to be open and worthy to receive Your loving grace Amen.



11. For this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher, 12. and for this reason, I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know the one in whom I have put my trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard until that day what I have entrusted to him.



(The Second letter of St, Paul to Timothy Chapter 1 verses 11 to 12)



Oh God my Father, I also suffer a lot for the time we spend together in prayer and adoration by means of this blog. When I am in conflict with my wife she rebukes me by making me feel ashamed of my sins and she retorts by saying that it is a waste of time in my sharing prayers on this blog when I am still a sinner, however the irony is that because I am still a sinner that I turn to You my God and Father and offer such prayers to You and share with all who may be in the same boat as sinners and who have also placed their trust in You Amen.



13. Hold to the standard of sound teaching that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 14. Guard the good treasure entrusted to you, with the help of the Holy Spirit in us.



(The Second letter of St, Paul to Timothy Chapter 1 verses 13 to 14)



Oh God my Father in truth what a treasure I have in the Bible, the Good News, and our relationship together. The things of this world will pass, but Your Word will remain forever. I thank You for giving me the faith, for it keeps me going even when times are tough and the tests that You set before me, become hard to experience. Even so, I thank You for coaching me like a football player for the next match until we reach the Cup Final, The day that I will be reunited with You, my Father Amen.




15. You are aware that all who are in Asia have turned away from me, including Phygelus and Hermogenes, 16. May the Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiphorus because he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chain; 17. when he arrived in Rome, he eagerly searched for me and found me 18. may the Lord grant that he will find mercy from the Lord on that day! And you know very well how much service he rendered in Ephesus.




(The Second letter of St, Paul to Timothy Chapter 1 verses 15 to 18)



Oh God my Father as You were left alone during the time of the passion in order to face, the music we do not expect any better during our adventure on earth among other human beings. Although we consider ourselves as being superior to the animal kingdom at the time I have my doubts for some dogs have remained faithful to their owners up to the point of death and did not even leave their burial site or a dead body on having passed away.



Oh God, I would like to end this first chapter of St. Paul's second letter to Timothy with the following prayer.



Oh God, my Father I would like to call out to all Roman Catholics, Christians of different groups or churches to offer prayers and intercede for each other, even if we do not know each other or if there are differences between us. Although we make part of different churches we have the same God our Father, therefore as sons and daughters we are to be united as one big family and stand up for each other regardless if we are protestants or forming part of a different cult or religion. We are family and family will always be a family even if we are Muslims. We all believe in God or Allah but worship in a different way that is according to our culture and belief systems. Welcome to all. In Jesus name welcome I accept you all as you are regardless of your belief Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment